Under general supervision, the RN demonstrates and utilizes knowledge and skills to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate patient care through the use of the nursing process based on knowledge of principles of growth and development, serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates leadership, and serves as a preceptor. Employees are encouraged to support Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's involvement in the community we serve.
A PRN Tier 2 Nurse will work on an as-needed basis.
5 North is a 23-bed stepdown telemetry unit that specializes in vascular surgery, telemetry and stroke. 5 North is part of the Cardiovascular Division at SMC.
Staffing is comprised of RNs, PCAs (patient care associates) and UAs (unit ambassadors). In addition to regular staffing, 5 North has a free Charge Nurse and Admission Discharge Nurse that are available to help with a variety of things. This team believes that teamwork is essential to providing excellent patient care. Here you will find a warm group of professional, willing and clinically proficient individuals to assist you in adapting to your potential role as a registered nurse. 5 North cares for a variety of patients with telemetry needs, providing an environment conducive to extensive learning and skill development.
Nurse to patient ratio on 5 North is 1:4.
Some of 5 North's vascular surgeries include aortic aneurysm repair, carotid endarterectomy, femoral bypass surgeries and amputations. 5 North is the secondary stroke unit at SMC and all the nurses on 5N are NIHSS certified, which we help you obtain during your orientation period. All the beds on 5N are monitored beds. You will be exposed to many types of patients on 5N aiding in your ability to provide great care to anyone that chose Spartanburg Medical Center to meet their healthcare needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Baccalaureate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required to work PRN
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina or Compact State
- BLS Required
- ACLS and PALS/NRP as determined by Unit patient demographics
Core Job Responsibilities
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Educates peers with a minimum of one in-service per year
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in the patient's condition
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website