Under general supervision, the RN demonstrates and utilizes knowledge and skills to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate patient care through the use of the nursing process based on knowledge of principles of growth and development, serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates leadership, and serves as a preceptor. Employees are encouraged to support Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's involvement in the community we serve.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Baccalaureate Degree preferred
- Years of experience desired and specified
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina or Compact State
- BLS Required
- ACLS and PALS/NRP as determined by Unit patient demographics
Core Job Responsibilities
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Educates peers with a minimum of one in-service per year
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in the patient's condition
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website