Clinical Research Coordinator assumes responsibility for the overall coordination of research trials from all aspects. This position will be responsible for identifying clinical trials, feasibility reviews and study activation. Screens for potential patients for clinical trial opportunities, educating patients and families about research and, obtaining and developing research data, and monitoring compliance with research protocols. Responsible for study coordination and study implementation in collaboration with the participating physicians, their staff, regulatory staff and study sponsor. Maintains strong communication with physicians, nurses, pharmacy and other key persons regarding available protocols. Maintains protocol integrity through adherence of protocol requirements. Responsible for data management as required per protocol. Must be self-starter/motivated, detail-oriented, willing to develop the clinical research service line within the organization. Knowledge of nursing practices preferred. Willing to learn and train on required clinical research database and clinical trial management system.
- Bachelors (BA, BS, BSN) and two years' experience in clinical research with human subjects
- ADN, RN with 4 years in a health related field
- Current certification as a clinical research professional or coordinator (SOCRA-CCRP, ACRP-CCRC or ACRP-CP) with three years clinical research experience with human subjects
- See above
- Current South Carolina RN license (for nurse applicants only)
- Master's in a Heath Related field or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- One (1) year oncology experience
- Clinical research experience
- Certification in research (CCRC, CCRP)
Core Job Responsibilities
- Membership in a Clinical Research Professional organization (ACRP, SoCRA, etc…) within 1 year of hire or as eligible based on research experience.
- Must be able to work as a team member with other Research staff, doctors, departments, community, and other components..
- Must have own transportation to other hospitals and doctors' offices..
- Must be flexible in responsibilities and work schedule.
- Travel may be required to attend research meetings
- Must be meticulous with detail..
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to respond calmly and efficiently in high stress situations.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, filling out paperwork.
- Must be self-directed and able to work without supervisor.
Apply on company website