This position is responsible for providing level 2 support for the desktop support specialist I queries and for the day-to-day support of the desktop and wireless laptop computing environment. Leads and co-ordinates the implementation of OS and hardware upgrades, software upgrades or installs, and other desktop projects as needed. Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex client device and network problems for end users. Complies with all SRHS and IT policies and procedures.
- Required: Associate Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor's in computer science/Information Technology
- Minimum 1 yr. experience with leading and managing desktop related projects (hardware rollouts, software deployments) with emphasis on customer satisfaction mentoring peers.
- Solid understanding of the windows image creation and rollout process.
- Firm grasp of windows active directory user and computer management tools.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with deployment / support and troubleshooting of all computer related equipment. This includes, but is not limited to desktop PC's, laptops, PC peripherals and printers.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with deployment, support and troubleshooting of PC based Applications. This includes, but is not limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Shrink-wrapped applications, and internal applications.
- Deployment, support and troubleshooting of Wireless Devices. This includes, but is not limited to any Smart Mobile devices.
- 5 plus years of desktop support experience
- 3+ years of windows imaging/management and rollout
- 1+ year of scripting basics
- Windows Group Policy fundamentals
- Preferred: MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
Core Job Responsibilities
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for complex user problems in accordance with Desktop Services SOP for ticket escalations.
- Log and track client issues using problem management database and maintain historical records and related problem documentation.
- Accountable for OS image creation / management and deployment strategies.
- Handle and manage special projects and requests as designated by the management team.
- After- hours on call assistance when scheduled for all priority incidents and problems.
- Lead in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Increase the technical bench strength of Desktop Support Specialist I by providing documentation and ad-hoc classes on topics of interest
- Be the liaison between desktop support and other IT groups for projects and tactical initiatives
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop software / hardware needs.
Apply on company website