The Senior Financial Analyst I helps to maintain the insurance contract modeling application in Epic. Helps update and maintain various fee schedules and reimbursement models for Medicare and commercial insurance payers. Analyzes variances to compare actual to expected reimbursement. Works with revenue cycle staff to help resolve issues relating to contract variances. Works on various financial analysis projects using the decision support system. Completes financial reporting and analysis related to reimbursement, service line profitability, and patient level reporting. Assists with improving the cost accounting process. Assists in the net revenue component of the annual budget process. The position will utilize Microsoft Excel and Access on a routine basis and will need to be an intermediate user of these products.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- 5 - 10 Years financial planning and analysis, reimbursement, cost analysis in a hospital or health related field
- Hospital accounting / finance / DSS experience required;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Science or closely related field required (Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Healthcare Administration preferred)
- CPA / CMA / or HFMA certification is preferred
- Epic certification in contract modeling preferred
Apply on company website