Passionate, driven people dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we'd like you to grow with us. Our clinicians and technicians participate in over 350,000 surgeries each year in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 1,000 hospitals and support more than 13,000 surgeons. By participating in such a large number of surgeries and by working with world-class surgeons, we are the most experienced provider of outsourced clinical services in the industry. We are always interested in building our team by hiring and training smart, dedicated people who share our values and our commitment to excellence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As the ECMO Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of policies/procedures, education of staff, and quality assurance for the ECMO program. In addition, the ECMO coordinator provides expert oversight for the clinical aspects of the program. In addition the coordinator will serve as back-up to the ECMO Specialist/Primer as needed.
- Develop and implement ECMO policies and procedures
- Ensure staff are trained on current ECMO standards of care and perfusion technology and receive ongoing education to ensure competency
- Provide supervision to ECMO staff and ensure proper standards of care have been implemented
- Ensure ELSO documentation and reporting requirements are met
- Maintain proper functioning of equipment and adequate amount of supplies
- Serve as a back up to the ECMO specialist/primer as needed
- Present for initial priming, circuit changes and discontinuation of therapy for patients needing ECMO
- Ensure the safe and proper set-up of ECMO equipment and troubleshooting
- Maintains current competency in pump technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer Bachelor of Science Degree in healthcare related field
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification; advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
- Minimum of three years ECMO experience
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will
SC Perf SC ATS SC CVMT
Apply on company website