Minimally Invasive Clinical Specialist I
SpecialtyCare is expanding! We are currently looking for the right candidate to start and train as a Minimally Invasive Clinical Specialist I (MIS) to work in and around the Operating Room. SpecialtyCare provides multi-stage training programs involving personalized, hands-on learning from in-person educators, training in a high-class simulation OR, and learning different sterilization, packaging, and troubleshooting techniques - all of which is paid and all-expenses covered! We are interested in individuals who have experience delivering excellent customer service and enjoy working in a fast-paced, hands-on, detail-oriented environment. This role does NOT have direct patient care, however this person will be supporting the laparoscopic and endoscopic surgical teams directly, impacting patients by prepping instruments and equipment to be used in these surgical procedures.
As a Minimally Invasive Clinical Specialist I, you will be trained to impact the efficiency of the OR by:
- Providing logistical and technical support for laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries
- Setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining all minimally invasive equipment; including video systems/viewing towers before, during and after surgeries and provide troubleshooting support when necessary
- Manage single routine procedures to include all tower functions, pre-operative set up, knowledge and application of instrumentation at the hospital
- Understand the functionality and connectivity of all video components, along with troubleshooting principles
- Assist and interact with physicians and other clinical staff members as requested to ensure all preferences are met
- Complete all appropriate paper and electronic documentation forms.
- Ensure that supplies are stocked and available as needed.
- Sterilizing and decontaminating equipment and instruments at the end of each case, preparing equipment for the next case and appropriately disposing of all refuse
- Participate in shadow and/or tray call coverage assignments as scheduled
- Learn and adhere to all required policies, procedures, and clinical guidelines of SpecialtyCare and our partnered hospitals and facilities
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Care, Urgency, and Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, required.
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification, preferred.
- No experience necessary.
- Heatlhcare experience or training, preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience, acceptable.
- Must live within 30 minutes of our contracted hospitals
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate in a call rotation including weekends/nights/holidays
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-hire medical aptitude test, on the job training including certification and company required education modules
The Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following:
- A high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values which complement the team and company vision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, displaying a sense of urgency
- Dedication to consistently delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a high stress environment
- A self-starter who works well both independently and in a team
SpecialtyCare provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, a matching 401K and generous PTO plan. Costs incurred for required professional licensures and certification are reimbursable.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will
Apply on company website