SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a Full Time Day Assistant Clinical Supervisor
This position supports our 2 Home Care and Hospice Supervisors
Education/Training: Graduate of a school of nursing with a current license(s) to practice as a nurse in the state(s) served by SpiriTrust Lutheran Home Care & Hospice. Current CPR certification within three (3) months of employment.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing and grammatical skills; proficient in interpersonal relations and communication skills, including pleasant telephone manner and speaking voice; ability to work independently and to establish and maintain effective working relationships; working knowledge of computer operations and ability to learn specialized industry applications; knowledge of currently acceptable practice; effective leadership and supervisory skills; valid driver's license and dependable means of transportation.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a community health agency normally required.
Responsible for assisting clinical supervisors with coordinating care provided to designated clients; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports to clinical supervisors; participating with the Director in establishing specific goals for the department; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports.
- Identifies and leads the Best Practice implementation
- Assures clinical competence at bedside for patient satisfaction, point of care documentation, HIS, comprehensive assessment (including NTFC) by making observational visits with staff at a level determined by the Director, Patient Access
- Manages client and agency activities as follows:
- Participates in quality improvement processes and activities.
- Assumes assigned duties of Clinical Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Runs daily reports as assigned by Director of Patient Access
- Runs weekly IDG agenda and distributes to clinical supervisors
- Participates in agency on-call as needs dictate.
- Provides direct care when special skills, teaching or assessment are needed or agency needs mandate as follows:
- Travels to the client's location in various weather conditions.
- Gains access to the client by available means which may include but is not limited to steps; uneven surfaces; wet, snow covered or icy surfaces; narrow entrances; etc.
- Observes visual, olfactory, tactile and auditory reactions of client's illness and reports same.
- Communicates with clients to identify symptoms and reactions of client's illness and reports same.
- Implements planned interventions as follows:
- Performs procedures and techniques correctly and safely with the resources available at the client's location.
- Executes medical regimen.
- Moves or assists with the movement of adult and pediatric clients with or without assistance as available.
- Participates in evaluation of care plan.
Apply on company website