The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc.
ALPS Alternative Investment Services is seeking a Hedge Fund Accountant to review work of more junior colleagues and provide technical assistance on complex matters. This rapidly growing fund administration practice provides fund administration services, such as accounting and valuation services, to our alternative investment fund clients.
- Provide guidance to a small team of more junior fund accountants in all aspects of fund administration
- Coordinate, prepare, supervise and review the end-to-end process of fund accounting, including booking all fund transactions, position and cash reconciliations, month end valuations, corporate action processing, and production of monthly financial and investor statements
- Financial statement preparation and review includes: the statement of assets and liabilities, schedule of net asset value per share, statement of operations, statement of changes in shareholders' equity, and the statement of cash flows
- Deliver training on all aspects of fund accounting
- Assist Fund Accountant Manager with administrative and operational duties such as staff supervision, recruitment, and all administrative related duties
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience ideally with knowledge of financial services specifically hedge funds.
- Previous experience reviewing work a plus.
- Must have understanding of securities and financial markets specifically hedge funds.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, required.
- Working knowledge of trading systems ideally Bloomberg, Advent Geneva, Advent Partner or similar trading systems, a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills, with the ability to effectively summarize findings, both verbally and in writing.
- Attentive to details and both quick and accurate in handling them.
- A “Go Beyond” attitude and approach to dealing with clients
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website