The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. Company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
What you will be doing:
The Senior Plan Design Specialist provides pre-sales support to sales representatives, internal business partners, and institutional clients including the development of design illustrations and hypothetical calculations. In addition, the Senior Plan Design Specialist is responsible for evaluating the suitability of prospective plans, ensuring plans meet all ERISA qualification requirements, referring plans to optional designs as appropriate, and working with plans to determine provisions for the creation of new documents. This role provides ongoing support to internal and institutional clients.
You're daily tasks:
- Conversion Plans - Conducts a complete, section-by-section review of prospective plan documents, including, but not limited to: adoption agreements, plan amendments, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD), plan valuations, past discrimination tests, and Form 5500 filings.
- Prepares plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) for start-up plans.
- Start-up Plans - Reviews plan documents, including, but not limited to: SPDs, service agreements, plan amendments, and other documents to ensure compatibility with standard prototypes, identify potential operational, administrative and systems issues, validate available capabilities or identify areas where support may be restricted.
- Prepares detailed plan review summaries, identifying missing items as well as actual and potential compliance issues; providing detailed explanations of laws related to plan provisions that violate or may violate federal regulations and recommends changes in order to make the plan compliant.
- Works with plan and institutional clients to provide new or existing clients with interpretations of plan provisions.
- Ensures the accurate preparation and completion of adoption agreements as directed by plan sponsors, SPDs, board resolutions and other documentation as required.
- Assists Plan Administration teams to insure that procedure manuals are kept up to date.
- Provides coverage to all clients as needed.
- Trains and mentors less experienced Plan Design Specialists.
- Provides plan sponsors with illustrations of plan design and projected cost of allocations for new comparability, age-weighted, and points-based plans.
- Provides design and documentation assistance to plan sponsors on, cross-tested, retirement plans, etc.
- Provides design services for such complex issues as plan mergers, terminations, control group issues, and cross-tested plans.
- Keeps abreast of new and upcoming changes in state and federal legislation affecting retirement plans through self-study, internal training classes and conferences. Researches and analyzes general or plan-specific compliance issues and provide options for resolution as they pertain to the FIS plan document.
- Generates plan amendments as requested, including: amendments to prototype plan as required by changes in the law and/or to improve administrative procedures.
- Actively participates in conference calls and meetings with institutional clients.
- Coordinates legislative restatements.
- Provides backup support to Plan Design Manager when directed.
- Evaluates the suitability of new products/services.
- Participants in prospective and current client presentations.
- Completes all work timely and within corporate standards/quality.
- Completes special projects with quality and timeliness as assigned.
- Provides status reports to management and institutional clients on pending and completed work.
Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills you will contribute
- Detailed knowledge of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), as well as related Department of Labor (DOL) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of plan design and documentation language, including a familiarity with prototype and volume submitter documents.
- Familiarity with all plan types including 401(k), profit sharing, money purchase, 403(b), 457, and cross-tested plans.
- Detailed knowledge of retirement industry and product trends.
- Solid overall PC skills, as well as a general knowledge of such qualified plan systems as TRAC.
- Strong Communication Skills - Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to prepare detailed plan reviews and discuss workflow with internal and external parties.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Displays keen attention to detail in the analysis and evaluation of issues and provide expert guidance regarding actual and potential problems.
- Organizational, Time Management and Project Management Skills - Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet potentially tight time constraints while conducting multiple plan evaluations simultaneously and managing a heavy, complex, and dynamic caseload
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 7 years' experience in plan administration, including plan review experience including at least 2 years in plan design/business acceptance
- ASPPA, CEBS or other professional designation preferred
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website