SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position is based at 50 Milk Street, Boston, MA 02109.
SS&C Technologies is seeking a seasoned Product Owner to help design a cloud-enabled, microservices platform for the Institutional & Investment Management division. We are seeking someone with the ability to identify product gaps, define product requirements, engage with clients to understand market needs and, ultimately, deliver quality software that generates revenue. You will support our commercial and support efforts as a product expert. In this position, you will lead product roadmap initiatives end-to-end through the Software Development Life Cycle; this includes but is not limited to leading client initiatives, gathering and defining requirements, designing products, overseeing software development of focus areas, acceptance testing, documentation, release readiness and product launch.
- Lead product roadmap initiatives end to end through the Software Development Life Cycle as Product Owner for an agile development scrum team.
- Gather requirements, design solutions, conduct acceptance testing, create user documentation, and support launch of new product features in focus areas.
- Serve as the expert in focus areas, staying abreast of competitor activity, market activity, partnership opportunities and regulatory issues while maintaining a list of potential product enhancements for focus areas.
- Support sales, marketing and client support efforts related to focus areas.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in financial technology, preferably with experience in middle-to-back office systems either at a technology vendor or at an asset manager.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product design / business analysis / product management.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in researching and understanding client requirements to develop an effective backlog for your Scrum Team.
- Knowledge of product design principles and processes, as well as agile software development methodologies.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to engage with clients and prospects to understand their business and operations requirements.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Self-motivated – ‘Find a way to get it done' attitude.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website