The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
The Retirement Solutions Product Manager III will be responsible for the product lifecycle management and strategic planning of our industry leading retirement recordkeeping technology including but not limited to all back office recordkeeping functions, our various recordkeeping web applications for participants, plan sponsors, and intermediaries, and our application program interfaces (API's). This role is a senior product role and will work closely with executive management, product management, and cross-functional teams to define, lead the development, and execute the deployment and operational support of the Retirement Solutions product suite. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong understanding of digital platforms. He/she must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product management. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for attaining product revenue and profitability objectives by creating compelling experiences for diverse user groups. The Product Manager will be well served by his/her expertise in writing detailed multi-scenario functional requirements and business rules. This role can be based in Quincy, MA or Kansas City, MO.
- Determine product strategy and vision for products covered with eye towards innovative concepts and solutions with specific influence over the end-user experience.
- Uncover customer needs and “pain points” to build prototypes to validate solution approach.
- Participates in product planning and execution throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept through end-of-life planning.
- Conducts buy vs. build analyses, creates business cases for proposed new features, and identifies requirements for future and current products.
- Performs research and analysis and provides input to the product vision and strategy, the product solution, development plan, the product roadmap, pricing models, positioning in the marketplace, and the launch process.
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design and product requirements, and other materials as needed to support UX design and development.
- Build and present end-to-end executive product updates inclusive of current production metrics, new feature delivery planning and financial forecasting.
- Facilitate and lead strategy/concept/requirements sessions with cross-functional teams of user research, market research and technology partners.
- Develops, tracks, and reports on multiple products simultaneously, in various cycles of development. Represents the market within the division and works with development to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions.
- Work with multiple products/projects/business units in parallel. He/she must be able to come up to speed quickly in new business areas, balance multiple initiatives, while keeping a high level of performance and customer service.
- Work with internal partners to identify shared opportunities and help drive project delivery (Risk, IT, Marketing, legal, audit).
- Work with solution architects to identify business solutions that are scalable, both tactical and strategic to business goals.
- Participate consistently with tech teams to answer and help resolve technical challenges and review sprint deliveries.
- Assists with training less experienced associates, works independently with minimal management oversight and receives general instruction on new assignments.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of retirement industry experience. Advanced technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry experience to effectively manage the product lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of the competitive features and capabilities and market trends, which may impact a successful new product launch.
- Knowledge or prior use of DST systems (TRAC, AWD, myPLANnetwork, TRACWeb Participant, TRACWeb Plan Sponsor, Mobile App) is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative ideas and work well cross functionally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with all organizational levels.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership and handling sensitive customer situations.
- Experience speaking in front of large internal, external and global audiences.
- Effective planning, organizing and leading, producing results that consistently meet internal and/or external standards, works well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- While not mandatory, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience in product management roles/functions including building out product roadmaps and business cases.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies including authoring themes, epics, stories, and participating in a scrum team environment.
- Exceptional team player with a proven ability to lead through influence, work within a matrix organization, and deliver on commitments. Ability to lead and work autonomously across different groups in various locations and time zones.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website