SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
The Senior Fund Accountant will do the accounting for the entity, which includes being responsible for the preparation of monthly valuation packages, management and performance fee calculation and income allocation. The fund accountant will liaise with the fund auditors, preparing reconciliations, and responding to information requests.
- Posting journal entries and recording daily activity in accounting and performance systems
- Preparing cash and investment position reconciliations
- Preparing accurate and timely Net Asset Valuation packages
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and partners' capital statements
- Preparing performance reporting
- Preparing income and incentive/performance allocation calculations (waterfall model)
- Preparing capital call and distribution notices
- Assist in preparing information for Client/ LP/Audit requests
- Other general duties as determined by management
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience within the fund administration industry
- Understanding of GAAP accounting
- Being a Team Player with a positive attitude
- Strong Communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient with Advent Products, Bloomberg and Microsoft Office Products
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- A CPA candidate is a plus
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website