The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
While working at SS&C Financial Services, you will help our clients discover opportunities in the complexities associated with mounting inflows of data, rapid technological advancements, shifting regulatory change, rising security risks and increasing demands from their customers. Your job is to help our clients discover opportunity through technology, strategic advisory and business improvement solutions. You will work with some of the world's leading Alternative Asset Managers, Asset Management Service Companies, Banking Companies, Broker-Dealers, Distribution Companies, Insurance Companies and Retirement Companies. Everyday our global offices in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States work together to master the complexity of the financial industry to transform the most challenging tasks into opportunity and competitive advantage.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is interested in moving to an information technology support position. In this role, you will represent the Business Technology Services (BTS) organization as technology product representatives with vendors/clients/BTS Partners. You'll serve as an instrumental part of the team when analyzing business problems for technology solutions and also provide product knowledge/consulting, level 2 application support, application configuration and testing. You'll contribute to projects related to SS&C/Vendor product enhancements, maintenances, workflow implementations, new client set-ups, and other projects, as well as respond to service outages and other problems.
- Acts as SME for a product suite.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices for the product suite.
- Conducts technology research and maintains a high level of expertise in technical disciplines and on how targeted applications are used both within BFDS and by our clients.
- Partners with BTS and other resources for idea development, including business analysis, process improvement and technology product enablement,
- Delivers solution alternatives for review.
- Provides expert technical advice on strategic initiatives, addressing systems design, process analysis, and product integration requirements.
- Utilizes business knowledge and understanding of application hardware, software, basic networking, basic database (SQL tools and retrieval) and client/server system design/architecture, to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Proactively analyzes application processes to identify process improvement opportunities and critical processing times.
- Knowledge of the SS&C business including mutual fund operations and support functions/procedures.
- Knowledge of SS&C's and other Vendor products.
- Understanding of technology concepts
- Ability to execute multiple complex assignments within the established time frames and quality standards, while responding to immediate needs.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to methodically analyze and solve problems, recognize sensitive situations, and respond or escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to act in a proactive consultative manner with business partners ( SSB or vendors)
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively.Ability to think creatively and critically
- Must be a team player willing to share knowledge and expertise
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website