SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Position: Associate Manager - SQL DBA Expert
Shift - Early Morning / Afternoon/Night Shift on rotational basis on weekdays and weekend rotational based on-call
Job Location - Mumbai (Airoli / Malad) / Gurgaon / Pune / Hyderabad
SS&C Advent, the world's leading provider of automated solutions for investment professionals, is seeking an experienced and talented Senior SQL Server DBA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity for a SQL server expert in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technologies (PowerShell/ PostgreSQL) and to be a part of a dynamic team supporting SS&C Advent's Corporate and SaaS private cloud offerings of hundreds of database servers.
- You would be responsible for L3 production DBA support for SQL Server 2022/2019
- You'll be part of the team providing production support for SQL Server/PostgreSQL/Cassandra/MongoDB
- You'll provide production support in 24*5 bi-weekly rotational shift and weekend rotational based on-call
- Plan and manage schedules for upgrades/Migrations/Onboarding of databases
- Manage/tune existing automation and look for automation opportunities to reduce manual efforts
- Expert in troubleshooting Always On/TDE/In-Memory OLTP
- Proactively monitoring database performance by configuring advanced monitoring and alerting tools
- Troubleshoot Database outages & provide RCAs
- Create new automation processes for 500+ production database servers to help simplify troubleshooting and database upgrades
- Automate Installation and configuration using PowerShell for mass database Server deployments
- Have expert experience in SQL Server 2019 production DBA support (not SQL developers/developer dba support)
- 2+ years performing SQL server 2019 DBA support
- Accomplishes successful DBA automation processes.
- Strong focus on business solutions and outcomes
- Strong problem-solving and prioritizing skills
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Preferred experience in PowerShell
- 3+ years of professional experience with client-facing production database servers
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including experience with technical documentation
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website