The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
SS&C ALPS is a leading Registered Fund Services provider in the financial services industry. Founded in 1985, Denver-based SS&C ALPS, with offices in Boston, Dallas, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto also delivers asset management and asset servicing solutions through ALPS Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SS&C Technologies, Inc.
Assist and support Senior Tax Accountants, Supervisors and Management on Tax Services related to each client. You will work closely with the team to prepare and review quarterly and annual tax provisions for a variety of clients, learning alongside some of the experts in the field. This is a great place to start your career!
You will be working with the Tax Accounting team in Denver, CO. Your role will involve a variety of tasks centered around:
Tax Provision Calculation and Compliance
- Prepare tax provision for annual audit
- Update capital gain information on a monthly basis
- Assist in determining tax status of investments held in each fund
- Calculate distribution requirements on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- Periodically perform testing to determine that RIC status is maintained
Tax Return Preparation
- Support preparation of Forms 1120RIC and Schedule D, 8613, 7004 and required state filings
- Prepare 1099 reporting information for use by transfer agency
- Prepare shareholder communications to be mailed with Forms 1099
- Assist the Senior Tax Accountant/Management with issues and questions that arise
- Provide clients with special reports, as requested
- Provide tax related materials for board reporting
- Participate in projects to enhance team efficiencies and improve procedures
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to self-start and work with little direction
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related subject
- Accounting or mutual fund industry experience a plus
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website