The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Technologies is seeking a talented VMware Systems Engineer.
- Primarily responsible for the management of SS&C's virtualization platform, which currently utilizes VMWare. Responsibilities related to managing this platform are: creation and configuration of hypervisors and virtual machines as well as configuring and maintaining the storage, systems, and networking components that underpin the systems
- Maintain and manage several VMWare clusters with oversight of current and future capacity planning needs.
- Analyze user and application requirements to determine operating system, storage, memory, and CPU needs for both physical and virtual servers
- Act as an engineering level escalation resource to the Network Operations Center (NOC) and other operations groups to assist with high level fault analysis and isolation
- Assist and contribute to the analysis, configuration, and deployment of high availability systems and storage architecture
- Participate in a structured change management process
- Promote and exercise complete and common sense security technologies and practices
- Occasional night and weekend hours are required in order to implement changes during designated downtime windows
- Work closely with other team members on new technology and systems solutions
- Documentation of systems and application design and configuration
- Providing professional support to customers, both internal and external
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology area or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience required as a Systems Administrator with an emphasis on Virtualization, certifications a plus.
- Systems Administration experience with either Windows or Linux required.
- General knowledge of networking protocols required.
- VSAN experience Preferred
- Experience with VMWare or competing virtualization technology required.
- Knowledge of storage system fundamentals (file systems, RAID levels, volume management, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with various block level technologies such as FC, iSCSI and EMC a plus.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and spoken required.
- Cisco UCS or V-Block experience a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Apply on company website