Posted Date: Sep 3, 2020
Position Title: Grounds Manager - Bench - Austin, TX
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Working as Grounds Manager responsibilities to include creating operational and safety procedures, hire workers, and draft budgets. They determine the equipment and services required for jobs and submit cost estimates to clients. These jobs and services can include the care of lawns, shrubs, and trees, in addition to the maintenance and repair of outdoor features, such as irrigation systems, fences, or benches. Grounds managers also might train or coordinate the training of new hires, handle service or employee records, create worker schedules, and prioritize services. They might coordinate with other departments or specialists, and they might perform grounds maintenance duties if necessary.
This position is a Bench position. The role will provide management support to new and existing SSC accounts in K-12 or higher education settings. Travel is required and can be significant to include overnights. This is a full time position that will likely lead to permanent Director role in the SSC organization. Ideal candidates will be open to relocate.
- Develop and implement schedules for the management of grounds / lawn care that are associated with the campus.
- Develop and implement written annual business plan
- Maintain financial records of all funds and labor expended for department
- Provide management support for Account Manager/ RVP of Grounds Management.
- Act as a safety coordinator and trainer for employees under your management umbrella.
- Minimum of a two year degree in Agriculture / Horticulture related field (Extensive experience can supersede this requirement).
- Minimum of five years' experience crew management, a minimum of eight subordinates.
- Minimum of five years' experience in the Grounds / Lawn Care Management industry as a Supervisor.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Good written (report writing) and oral communication (public speaking) skills.
- Computer skills specifically in; Word, Excel, Power Point or compatible programs.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 420726
Apply on company website