Posted Date: Oct 19, 2020
Position Title: MGR, IN TRAINING
Pay GRADE 10
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search' in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Position: Accelerated Manager Program (Facilities Management/Support Services)
Unique opportunities for highly talented, motivated individuals that will take on managerial assignments in operational areas like:
- Environmental Services Management - custodial leadership
- Ground Maintenance Management
Must be able to relocate regionally or nationally upon completion of the 12-week program.Job Summary
MIT Program Overview:
The Manager in Training (MIT) program is an entry-level program that helps participants drive their career with Compass Group. The MIT platform is designed with a blend of operational experiences, new manager, and leadership skills taught through distance, self-directed, hands-on, and live classroom learning. This creates a robust learning opportunity for participants to build the skills and knowledge needed to become a leader while developing a professional network and personal brand. Supporting the MIT participants are their program sponsors, training site managers and training site team. They are there to guide MITs, share best practices and provide support to help MIT's develop into GREAT Compass managers! When you start, you will be assigned to a temporary training location to complete the on-site/hands-on portion of your experience. Upon successful completion of the Manager in Training program, relocation within your assigned region is required to be considered for placement opportunities. NOTE: Placement or promotional opportunity to a full-time employment position upon completion of the MIT Program is based upon your performance and business need and is not guaranteed.
Opportunities across the United States
- Bachelor's degree received by May 2020 or any time prior is preferred
- 1 year of work experience or a related internship is preferred
- This is an entry-level position and no management experience is required
- Must be open to relocation during training and upon completion of the training program
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Driver's license required for transportation related positions
- Should be flexible, adaptable and have ability to act quickly with little or no supervision
- Career-minded self-starter with a can-do attitude who desires to lead and inspire groups of people
- Demonstrates financial acumen including profit and loss management and inventory knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally before groups, clients and/or employees
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a changing work environment
- Possess an understanding of contract administration and client relations
- Basic knowledge of operating and maintenance instructions, safety regulations, codes and use of departmental policy and procedure manuals
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 429704
PASCHA A BELNAVIS
Apply on company website