Posted Date: Jan 21, 2020
Position Title: UNIT DIRECTOR - CUSTODIAL
Reports To: REGIONAL DIRECTOR
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.Job Summary
As a Unit Director you are be responsible for the overall cleanliness, sanitation, and security of the assigned buildings. You are responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of janitorial personnel. You must also have the ability to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees in accordance with company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction through high quality standards, while maintaining an environment that is safe and equitable.
In the Unit Director role you would be responsible for assigning duties, inspecting work, and investigating complaints regarding janitorial services and take immediate corrective action. You would secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order. You would also make sure buildings have sufficient janitorial supplies and take periodic inventories of supplies and materials. You would train, discipline, and recommend dismissals of employees. Unit Directors act as liaison between building occupants or administrators and supervisors, so it is imperative that you are able to effectively communicate all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to janitorial staff.
- Communicate between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks.
- Train workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Daily inspection and follow through on all assignments, directives and projects to ensure task completion.
- Cross train and develop personnel for multiple positions/duties.
- Weekly staff reports and inspections to General Manager - this includes reporting of all issues, recommendations and task documents.
- Meet with Directors weekly to review task completion and future projects.
- Secure building after completion of work.
- Be able to create and foster a working environment, where safety is first, always.
- Guide completion on projects to make sure they are completed timely and within budget.
- Report budgetary issues back to General Manager.
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriate under demanding conditions.
- Excellent customer services skills is a must.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 370005
ANNMARIE B MCSHEA
Apply on company website