Directors thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for an Administrative Director of Surgical Services for our St. Davids Medical Center team where excellence creates excellence.Benefits
We are committed to providing our executives the support they need. At St. Davids Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Administrative Director of Surgical Services role today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Administrative Director of Surgical Services has a strategic focus to provide outstanding patient service, grow the service line, develop leadership, and manage resources. They are responsible for maintaining strong physician and administration relationships. They are able to function at a high level business acumen.
What you will do in this role:
- You will actively participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- You will advance the customer experience in Surgical Services
- You will coach immediate subordinates through providing feedback, constructive critique of work, facilitates individual development plan, and documents their job performance
- You will adhere to all Human Resource policies
- You will effectively communicate departmental, organization and industry information to staff
- You will facilitate evidence based employee engagement practices
- You will effectively build strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- You will utilize talent review data for pipeline development
- You will foster strategic career advancement for perioperative services leaders
- You will set a strategic vision and goals for the department
- You will design standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance
- You will develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- You will monitor compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- You will oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- You will be responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards
- You will follow the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens
- You will promote cooperation and collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies to facilitate optimum patient care
- You will seek new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services
- You will develop, prioritize and defend capital equipment requests
- You will be responsible for the fiscal management of department; assure proper utilization of organization's financial resources
- You will advance the growth agenda for Surgical Services
- You will promote service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office
- You will strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- You will demonstrate a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community
- You will develop and build strategic internal and external networks
- You will promote consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- You will practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in surgical services required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nursing Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
St. David's Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as an Administrative Director of Surgical Services. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website