Description** Now offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus to qualified applicants **
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Nuclear Medicine Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. Davids Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Nuclear Medicine Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Nuclear Medicine Technician, you are responsible for gathering diagnostic information through the use of radioactive materials administered intravenously; sophisticated radiation detecting, processingandimagingequipmentandprovidingradioactivematerialsforusebyphysicians. You will work closely with other healthcare team members to facilitate exceptional patient care and efficient completion of diagnostic studies and procedures while also promoting optimal unit operations.
- You will demonstrate appropriate radioactive materials safety measures for self, other staff and patients as outlined by state/federal regulations
- You will perform Nuclear Medicine exams in accordance with SDMC CVIC protocols
- You will administer prescribed pharmaceutical grade radioactive materials to patients as outlined by state/federal regulations
- You will provide immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards
- You will demonstrate proficiency with equipment used for NM exams
- You will perform duties to maintain department functions such as QC checks
- You will maintain required documentation regarding radioactive materials, both upon receipt and prior to administration
- You will work with Radiation Safety Officer in maintaining quality control and quality assurance guidelines to ensure all regulatory standards are met
- You will restock storage rooms as well as exam rooms prior to end of assigned shift
- You will transmit studies to Cardiologist for viewing each day
Days 7-10 Hrs/Weekends RotateWhat qualifications you will need:
- One year of experience in clinical Nuclear Medicine imaging - preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program
Licenses and Certifications
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification with Texas Medical Board (TMB)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT(N)) or Nuclear Medicine Board Certified (CNMT)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - Must be obtained within 6 months of hiring
St. David's Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear Medicine Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website