SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse Diagnostic Radiology you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Position SummaryAs a Registered Nurse (RN) in Diagnostic Radiology, under the direction of the physicians, the Imaging Manager, this position performs nursing support functions for patients brought to the radiology department. This position works closely with all other healthcare team members to facilitate exceptional patient care and efficient completion of both diagnostic and interventional studies while also promoting optimal unit operations.
- Provides direct nursing care for Radiology patients receiving Conscious Sedation and medication administration.
- Administer medications as necessary, monitoring patient for effect.
- Monitors patient condition before, during, and after procedures for physiological changes. Reports changes in patient condition to physician performing procedure.
- Document on patients medical records appropriately.
- Provide post-procedural care as indicated for Radiology patients.
- Provide report on patient condition to receiving unit nurse as appropriate.
- Performs appropriate hand-off communication per policy, using the appropriate tools
- Assess patient's understanding of procedure prior to sedation.
- Provide information as needed appropriate to level of patient.
- Maintain emergency equipment and medication floor stock with respective areas.
- Check for proper operation of crash cart/urgent equipment on a daily basis to include when on-call as a pre-requisite to starting the procedure
- Reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate service personnel (plant ops. BioMed and Nuclear Med.
- Respond to calls within Radiology areas by phone within 10 minutes of receipt; be in department dressed and ready for case within 30-45 minutes of being called in.
- Coordinates coverage for multiple areas within Radiology department as needed.
- Monitor patients during Nuclear Med Stress Test
- Administers medications as ordered by physician
- Manages narcotic medications as outlined by policy.
- Maintains medication stock and ensure appropriate documentation is completed.
Located in Central Austin, St. David's Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women's services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Diagnostic Radiology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
QualificationsJob Requirements Experience
- At least one (1) year of experience in direct patient care, preferably in a Critical Care area, ER – required
- Two (2) years' experience in Critical Care, Special Procedures Radiology Department, or other procedural area administering Conscious Sedation – preferred
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) – required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy –required within one (1) month of hire
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification –required within one (1) month of hire
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website