DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the critical care and diagnostic procedures utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to cardiopulmonary hemodynamics
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory treatment
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about patient care plans and updates
St. David's Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care. Located in Central Austin, St. David's Medical Center includes a 371-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women's services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Acute Care Hospital experience – preferred
- Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited Respiratory Therapy program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support provider
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification – required for NICU RRT Staff
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – required for ICU RRT staff
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website