Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Student Loan Repayment
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $10,000!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The St. David's Emergency Center in Bee Cave is a full-service freestanding emergency department that does not have attached inpatient facilities. We are pleased to be on the cusp of this growing national trend in emergency health services. Our facility is a great benefit to the public and we are pleased to provide this service to Bee Cave and surrounding areas. The SDFSED in Bee Cave operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is located in front of Bee Cave's City Hall at the Hill Country Galleria. The St. David's Emergency Center in Bee Cave is 10,875 square feet and features 12 multipurpose exam rooms (one of which is a trauma room); a CT scanner; a diagnostic radiology machine; ultrasound, and its own stat lab for immediate, on-site results. The center is staffed by board-certified emergency medicine physicians affiliated with St. David's HealthCare, as well as trauma-certified nurses. The on-site medical team is able to treat all urgent and emergent medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine injuries, respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration, orthopedic injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require sutures. The St. David's Emergency Center in Bee Cave provides the public with board-certified emergency room physicians—with experience treating trauma-related injuries and medical emergencies.
What you will do in this role:
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patient's progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- At least 1yr of experience as a Registered Nurse required
- 2 years within the Emergency Department or other Critical Care unit preferred
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Texas required; If compact license held, RN is required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90 days of their hire date.
- Current BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire
- TNCC, ENPC and/or PALS required within 12 months of hire
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website