Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Monitor Technician with St. David's South Austin Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the St. David's South Austin Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Monitor Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Monitor Technician, you will maintain close observation of the electrocardiograph patterns of patients. You will observe and interpret cardiac telemetry tracings at a central monitoring station, and record rhythm data at regular intervals. You will also perform a variety of clerical duties.
- You will perform monitoring of patients who have cardiac telemetry ordered
- You will constantly observe and monitor patients to detect changes in cardiac rhythms
- You will obtain a rhythm strip and correctly label it with patient information
- You will inform the primary nurse of any changes in rhythms or significant changes in rate, as well as any life threatening dysrhythmias
- You will maintain records of each patient's cardiac rate and rhythm You will prepare equipment and maintain floor stock for patients
- Previous experience as a Monitor Technician – preferred
- On-the-job training in dysrhythmia interpretation with an 85% pass rate on exam within orientation period
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of college – preferred
- Basic EKG course – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Monitor Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website