Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Registered Nurse Case Manager Weekends? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse Case Manager Weekends like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (CM), you are responsible for promoting patient-centered care. To accomplish this, you will coordinate the plan of care for the patient stay, manage the length of stay, ensure appropriate resource management and develop a safe and appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary healthcare team. As the RN Case Manager, you will promote quality patient outcomes while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- You will serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned
- You will provide case management services for both inpatient and observation patients
- You will identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during transition from one level of care/setting to another
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family
- You will reassesses the patient's clinical condition as indicated. Considers patient's readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community based resources.
- You will partner with Social Services to ensure the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- Using InterQual, you will evaluate the progression of care and escalate issues
- You will make appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states
- You will document recommendations, discharge plan, care coordination interventions, and case management activities
- You will seek ways to control costs without compromising patient safety or quality of care
- You will participates in performance improvement activities including identifying, documenting and intervening when avoidable delays occur
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – preferred
- 5 years' experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 years' experience in Critical Care OR 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 years' experience in Case Management
- 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 2 years' experience in Case Management – preferred
- InterQual experience – preferred
License and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Certification in Case Management or Utilization Review – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse Case Manager Weekends opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website