Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Shock Trauma ICU Registered Nurse PT you can be a part of change.Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Shock Trauma ICU Registered Nurse PT. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Trauma Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. As the Registered Nurse in the Trauma ICU, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will provides care for the critically ill patients with central/invasive lines, hemodynamic pressure lines, pressure monitoring devices, temporary pacing, artificial airway/mechanical ventilation
* You will provide care for unstable cardiac patients, immediate post-op patients and potential organ or tissue donor patients
* 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* 1 year of Critical Care and/or Trauma Nursing experience – preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy within 1 year from hire date
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification – preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification – preferred
* Completion of Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN) – preferred
* Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) Certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Shock Trauma ICU Registered Nurse PT opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website