Information About this Position
- Benefit Eligible
- 40 Hours per Week
Company and Job Overview
St. Louis Children's Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children's hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children's provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what's right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children's commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children's consistently ranks among America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children's was one of eight children's hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital's academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children's has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
The Program Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of the overall strategic plan to the department to ensure achievement of service line objectives for growth, physician and hospital alignment and patient satisfaction.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Manages patient flow within department.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Develops, implements and sustains the overall strategic plan for the department to ensure achievement of service line objectives for growth, physician and hospital alignment and patient satisfaction.
- Monitors and improves the performance of the department including financial outcomes, patient, employee and physician satisfaction, clinical quality and efficiency.
- Maintains knowledge of hospital and outpatient, cancer, nursing and clinical professional accreditation & certification requirements and standards, plus regulatory requirements regarding clinical licensure.
- Ensures that regulatory rules and regulations are followed.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing/Healthcare related
- 5-10 years of experience
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience
- RN License
- Master's Degree - Bus/HC Admin/Nursing/related
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website