Information About this Position
- Rotating Shift
- Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
St. Louis Children's Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children's hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children's provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what's right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children's commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children's consistently ranks among America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children's was one of eight children's hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital's academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children's has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website