St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Physician Assistant is responsible for providing healthcare services to patients under the supervision of, and/or in collaboration with, the attending physician. These services include, but not limited to, medical evaluation, treatment, counseling, and referrals. Consists of diagnostic evaluations, therapeutic remediation, surgical assistance, and pharmaceutical prescription.
This is a part-time (30 hours per week) position to work in the inpatient pediatrics unit at Bethlehem Campus.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide daily support to the inpatient pediatric team consisting of pediatric hospitalists, pediatric and family medicine residents, and medical students.
- Aid in communication with pediatric specialists and interdisciplinary patient care needs.
- Assist in improving patient flow, discharge timing, and communications with inpatient pediatric patients and their families.
- Collaborate with the inpatient medical team to deploy quality and systems-based improvement projects.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director in the development of growth opportunities and new program development.
- Competent in the assessment, treatment, counseling, and education of the patient, and their families, being provided medical services.
- Competency in evaluating patients and performing physical examinations including obtaining, studying, and updating medical histories.
- Demonstrates ability to determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as radiologic and laboratory studies, and then accurately interpreting test results.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements appropriate patient management and treatment plans, based on assessment of needs
- Coordinates and communicates patient care effectively with other healthcare professionals and institutions to meet patient's healthcare needs.
- Provides high quality health care, based on best practice and/or evidenced based medicine.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 8 hours per day; 3 hours at a time. Stand for up to 8 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walking for up to 6 hours per day. Frequently lifting, carrying and pushing objects up to 10 pounds. Rarely lifting, carrying and pushing objects up to 75 pounds. Frequently stooping and bending. Frequently reaching above shoulder level. Frequently handling, firm grasping and twisting & turning as it relates to performing procedures. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision. Must be able to speak as it relates to normal conversation and projection as it relates to lectures and presentations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Medical Physician Assistant with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, as determined by the job location. Physician Assistants must also have a current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). Pediatric Acute Care NP preferred.
One year experience in a similar setting is preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Apply on company website