Job Title: Distribution Person Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: Our client is a proven leader providing innovative engineering solutions for the minerals, oil & gas, power industrial markets. Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Customer Care Supervisor, the Distribution Person ‘B' is responsible for performing all distribution center functions in an accurate, timely, safe, and cost-efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job Responsibilities:
- Load/unload trucks, inside and outside, using pallet jacks, powered industrial trucks or overhead jib cranes, in a manner preventing damage and in compliance with good safety practices
- Locate and pull parts of various sizes and materials to fill machining, assembly, and customer orders, in accordance with warehouse inventory management system and current distribution procedures
- Stock shelves, racks, or ground locations and store parts in their proper location according to warehouse inventory management system and current distribution procedures
- Stock parts in a safe and neat manner, bearing in mind size/weight limitations
- Accurately perform all paperwork/data entry functions associated with shipping/receiving/material handling procedures
- Properly prepare product being shipped, whether packaged in box, on a skid, or in a crate based on size, bulk, and quantity, keeping in mind safety, weight, size, potential damage, and customer domestic/export requirements
- Perform daily maintenance and housekeeping of equipment and work areas including all designated distribution storage locations, keeping safety in mind at all times
- Assist in the development of improved methods and procedures with regard to all areas of responsibility
- Regular and reliable attendance is key to performance of this job
- Attend department, employee, safety, and training meetings as required
- Comply with all Distribution Department and Company policies, procedures, and programs
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments
- Keep team manager and team leader aware of pertinent issues and information warranting their knowledge, action and/or resolution
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Responsible for Environmental Health and Safety management and policy commitments per company policy
- Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as computer and job related software (Microsoft Office & Lotus Notes), telephone, fax, photocopier, etc.
- Requires a valid driver's license. Licensed in forklift, Crown, and Overhead Crane.
- Six months shipping and receiving experience in a distribution /manufacturing environment
- Previous transactional experience in SAP and operation of industrial powered trucks is preferred.
- Ability to operate all powered industrial truck equipment such as forklift, Raymond, and yard crane; and all other equipment associated with Distribution, such as carpentry tools, hand tools, overhead and jib cranes, lifting chains and slings, pneumatic air hammers, power hand saws, pneumatic stapler, etc. in a safe and efficient manner.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing peopleâ€™s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website