Job Opportunity: Lab Assistant JOB SUMMARY
- Maintains laboratory instruments and equipment on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Prepares reagents and monitors instruments for bulk reagent levels.
- Orders and stocks office and laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Performs onsite servicing and technical support of various lab equipment including Benchmark autostainers.
- Manages incoming/outgoing stained slide and/or reagent shipments.
- May support several different functional lab spaces and groups.
- Performs daily, monthly and quarterly instrument and equipment maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Monitors and maintains usage logs for all equipment and instruments.
- Monitors, schedules and delivers portable equipment for calibration and maintains necessary paperwork.
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions by performing operational tests.
- Monitors and prepares bulk reagents daily.
Maintains stock room and monitors and/or orders lab supplies inventory.
- Schedules internal equipment repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Prepares and schedules incoming and outgoing stained slide and/or reagent shipments.
- Position may be required to change xylene/ alcohols in coverslipping instruments, but training and PPE will be provided.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Attention to detail in written instructions and documentation.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, nut-drivers and various other hand tools.
- Ability to use test equipment such as flow meters, pH meters, precision weight scales, and pressure
- Knowledge of and skill in inventory management.
- Ability to multitask and transition between different tasks (ex. reagent replenishment to assisting with instrument maintenance)
- Experience with inventory management preferred
- Works independently but is part of a team delivering key services to product development teams
- Experience with the basic suite of office tools (ex. google calendars, excel)
- Previous experience in a lab setting preferred
- Mobility. This position will require movement between several labs in one building on campus each day
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college experience preferred.
- Experience: Previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- Experience with auto-stainers or other automated laboratory instrumentation is preferred.
- Experience with digital imaging is preferred.
Apply on company website