Job Title: Physical Security Planner Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: Energy Services Company Position Summary:
The Physical Security Planner works directly with key business leaders to develop and maintain an on-going definition of the physical security strategies and systems needed by the corporation. Coordinates the design, architecture, engineering, testing, implementation, and administration of the enterprise physical security principles, practices and systems. Ensures the physical protection of assets and NERC CIP compliance of the physical security access control systems. Provides support for current technologies and processes in place as well as project management, technical expertise, and strategic direction for new initiatives. Assists security management in the initiation, support and monitoring of physical security programs and services in order to attain successful completion of company and departmental goals and strategies
- Participates in projects for customers in new or modified security systems and products to determine feasibility, time frames and compatibility with current systems.
- Support Physical Security services including studies and assessments, security planning, and security design.
- Monitor the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate NERC CIP system access levels are maintained.
- Ensure appropriate Physical Security involvement in all technology projects that may impact the security of customer, employee or business personnel or assets. Review all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network, acting as a liaison to other business areas.
- Advise the Physical Security Team with current information about physical security technologies and related regulatory issues.
- Provide technical or subject matter expertise in the evaluation, design, implementation, delivery, and administration of physical security infrastructure applications and other access control technologies.
- Plan and maintain the physical security access control application and technologies lifecycle and strategic plan.
- Support and maintain the Key Management program.
- Monitor and evaluate vendor performance and contracts associated with physical security infrastructure applications and access control technologies and procedures associated with vendor agreements.
- Assist, recommend, and design Physical Security Access Control (PACS) technologies ensuring compliance with NERC CIP standards.
- Provide or ensure effective project leadership for assignments and initiatives.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of PACS process and procedure documentation ensuring compliance with NERC CIP standards.
- Promote departmental standards for ongoing system operations, processes, practices and tools across the Physical Security Team.
- Manage the ongoing relationship between businesses units and Physical Security in order to understand requirements, achieve effective and mutually beneficial outcomes, and manage client expectations with respect to service requests and project delivery commitments.
- Research up-to-date Security Systems Technologies and assist in evaluating for appropriate application within the company; including networking with other utilities and companies.
- Coordinate with outside consultants as needed.
- Assist Security Management with the development of budgets which support the cost-effective implementation of security strategies, tactics and operating plans.
- Create training materials for operations staff on system technologies and lead training efforts.
- Maintain a strong and thorough communication with Security Management
- Bachelor's degree preferred (not required) – applicable degrees : security related, project management related, computer related
- 4/10 schedule –overtime (approx. 5 hrs a week)
- Hybrid on site and remote
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing peopleâ€™s lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website