Job Title: Senior Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Location: St. David, AZ Company Summary: Our client company is a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for a wide variety of important applications, especially in mining and agriculture. We are well-known for being a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
Lead Company's Electrical, Instrument & Controls (E, I &C) Reliability Team to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of our systems and resources, and meet the company's current needs and future requirements as both a lead engineer and a mentor/resource for others.
- Envision, research, develop & design new and revised EI&C systems and procedures.
- Develop and administer a critical issues list.
- Stay abreast of industry changes and improvements.
- Support PSM process as SME for EI&C.
- Support Company's Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) as SME for EI&C.
- Develop specifications and designs of electrical and instrument installations for all plants.
- Update, develop and Electrical and I&C documents such as; IO list, instrument list, wiring schematic, loop diagrams, Electrical specification and I&C specification, control system narratives, instrumentation datasheet ISA20.
- Mange, modify and develop DCS/PLC HMI displays.
- Reviews system integrator contractor automation development.
- Develop and implement automation systems to capture data to provide analysis and review of trends for efficiency, quality, safety, etc.
- Develop specifications and designs of control, monitoring, & safety systems for all plants.
- Research, design, develop scope, and administer E & I projects to update or improve the facility.
- Be actively involved in the technical execution of automation projects to ensure compliance with service, maintenance and the project requirements
- Utilize company procedures for developing and administering projects.
- Follow all PSM and other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare ACEs for project approval
- Prepare and meet project budgets
- Provide & lead troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision making, as well as root cause analysis of electrical, instrumentation, & control issues.
- Utilize and lead the appropriate team through utilization of a forma decision-making and problem-solving process whenever possible
- Meet daily with the operations and maintenance teams to understand their needs.
- Engage Process and Maintenance Technicians in discussion regarding plant issues.
- Engage and work with the IT department to assure continuity and coordination.
- Preform life cycle assessment of DCS/PLC, networking hardware.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or a related discipline, preferably in electrical.
- 5+ direct experience in the Automation System and programming industry
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role as system designer, implementation in a manufacturing setting, or EPCM firm.
- Successful experience at building relationships working with engineering peers, operations, maintenance, and business functions.
- General knowledge of applicable codes.
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people's lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website