Job Title: Warehouse Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: Non- profit agency Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Warehouse or Resource Center Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the loading and unloading of trucks, the put-away and pick of warehouse orders, and the warehousing and logistics support of direct client distributions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload and load trucks.
- Put-away and pick warehouse orders using standard warehouse power equipment, including electric forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Tag and store product according to Client's practices.
- Support the warehousing and logistics needs of client distribution activities.
- Process food according to inventory control practices.
- Assist with monthly inventory.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with all health codes and standards applicable to food acquisition, storage and distribution.
- Clean assigned areas daily, including warehouse area, walk-in coolers, and equipment.
- Maintain all necessary inventory, training, recall, and cleaning documentations.
- Assist with emergency food box programs to maintain adequate stock of products and supplies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with forklift and pallet jack operations required
- Ability to become forklift and pallet jack certified within 30 days of employment
- Food handling and food safety experience a plus
- Ability to achieve food safety certification within 30 days of employment
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move up to 70 pounds
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Strong communication, listening, people and customer service skills
- Experience in customer service and ability to interact professionally with the public; possess high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Understanding and empathy for the needs of the economically and educationally disadvantaged
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people's lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website