Job Title: Weed Control Technician Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: Locally owned Weed and Pest Control Company servicing both residential and commercial clients. Position Summary:
If you're looking for a career change and you have excellent customer service experience and would love to work outdoors, then say no more we currently have an opening in Tucson for a Weed Control Technician. Job Responsibilities: WILL TRAIN
- Primary Focus: Chemical weed control to residential and small commercial properties.
- Secondary Focus: Pest and rodent control to residential and small commercial properties.
- Direct experience not required – will train and assist through the licensing process.
- Achieve a high level of knowledge about herbicides and the weeds that are common to Southern Arizona.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics (including multiplication and measurements) required to pass state licensing tests. Training and study assistance covered in training. Maximum three attempts to pass state licensing tests.
- Achieve a high level of knowledge about the company's programs and services – sufficient to interact with clients on a daily basis.
- Independence and self-motivation required: Commonly, this employee will work alone all day. Employee should be successful be able to stay on pace through your own motivations.
- Maintain physical fitness: Applying weed control consistently through the day is physically demanding; involves climbing onto tall truck beds, lifting heavy items, bending, and twisting on a regular basis.
- Maintain a safe driving record: this job involves driving to client sites at various locations throughout the state, some clients in remote areas.
- CDL not required. Ability to safely operate larger trucks required (example: F550 with a 900 gallon tank). Ability to safely hook up and pull a trailer required.
- Ability to read a map, use GPS necessary to be successful.
- Learning and participating in minor field repairs
- Learning and participating in minor in-house repairs
- Assisting in general organization
- Attend staff meetings and scheduled trainings
- Participate in required Continuing Education annually (associated with state license)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, speak, and write English clearly
- General ability to use smart phone / tablet
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out multi-step instructions
- Ability to follow a recipe (application: herbicide mixing)
- Ability to pass a basic math test upon interview, including some simple geometry.
- Clean driving record (as defined by our insurance company: no more than 3 traffic violations in the last 3 years, no DUI or DWI in the last 11 years)
- Able to pass drug test upon job offer, contingency of employment; willing to submit to Drug Free Workplace policy thereafter.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from our main office
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people's lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website