Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This position contributes to Starbucks success by assuming end-to-end responsibility for the digital product strategy and roadmap across the in-store digital experience for baristas and customers, as well as the technology that powers our stores. We design, build and nurture a digital ecosystem that elevates the Starbucks brand and grows our business by amplifying human connections, relationships and experiences. To be successful, the candidate needs to be a strategic, creative, data-driven product leader with deep expertise launching and scaling customer facing digital products. Experience in digital products and technology in the retail space is highly recommended.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Cultivate the Product role and mindset across the Customer and Retail Digital Products orgs as part of the Digital Transformation at Starbucks so that the technology teams can show up with one voice, and as a strategic partner for our Retail Ops and Store Development stakeholders.
- Inspire a high performance team of Product Managers to develop the vision for the in-store digital experience and technology in partnership with stakeholders across Retail Ops, Store Development as well as Marketing and Product.
- Drive the product lifecycle from vision and planning thru to product delivery for the in-store digital experience and technology , collaborating deeply with the Retail Tech and Retail Infrastructure engineering leadership.
- Recruit, nurture, and lead a team of best in-class product managers who can balance the needs of our baristas, and customers with what will be most impactful for our business.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates strong UX understanding and expertise to engage in the discussions and weigh in when the team needs inputs to evaluate trade-offs.
- Has strong analytical skillset to influence product strategy and product roadmaps with a data driven mindset through competitive insights, experience with prioritization frameworks etc.
- Proven track record of bias for execution and delivery to work through constraints (cost, resources, timeline) in complex product launches.
- As a people leader, strikes the right balance between empowering the team to own and drive the short-term roadmap aligned to company priorities , but intervene and guide the team to help negotiate trade-offs with stakeholders
- Had demonstrated the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders preferably in matrixed organizations , working towards the same business and customer outcomes.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills across the lifecycle of a digital product - forums and artefacts to align stakeholders on priorities, transparency and clarity on roadmaps, storytelling with data on how the feature/launch move the needle.
- Proven track record of building, coaching and mentoring teams.
- Has experience hiring and retaining talent by creating a culture where everyone comes together to deliver their best
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field (Masters / MBA preferred)
- Over 10 years of Digital Product Management (UX expertise, analytics and data driven decision making, and a strong bias for execution) or related experience (Analyst, Program Management) launching/scaling customer facing products.
- Experience in digital products and technology in the retail space is highly recommended.
- Over 5 years of people management experience coaching and leading Product Managers.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website