Solution Architect Retail Technology
Location: Remote available; occasional travel
Job Overview/ Description:
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
We are seeking a Digital Technology Evangelist - a lead Enterprise Architect with focus on technology strategy and architecture to be part of Starbucks Coffee Company. This role will charter the course for Digital Transformation and will be instrumental in shaping the future for our critical corporate products & services with focus on Retail Store Development, Design, Store Formats, Lease Management, and Lifecycle Management.
In this critical role, you will…
- Architect the future of digital transformation across a vast Tech portfolio spanning Retail Store Development & Design, Corporate Facilities, including Support Centers and Remote Office Locations.
- Lead cross functional teams in developing long-range technology architecture in anticipation of future business needs while maximizing investments.
- Regularly advise senior leaders on strategic technology solutions within the largest Starbucks Technology portfolio, driving digital transformation through applications, data analytics, AI/ML, and other key enabling technologies.
- Lead transformation in Retail Store development and design, and other Facilities in partnership with highly diverse global teams
An ideal person for this job…
- Is a dynamic Technology evangelist that regularly challenges the status quo and drives digital transformation.
- A Retail Store visionary with ability to influence executive leadership as well as lead ground-zero tech teams.
- Has relentless pursuit of knowledge, excellence and exemplifies leadership in the Tech strategy space.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and can lead through behavioral and structural transformation.
- Has entrepreneurial mindset in innovating, finding breakthroughs and has a growth mindset.
Tool kits you'll need to lead in this role…
- Strong story telling experience, with ability to navigate cross functionally across a complex tech ecosystem
- Strong background in engineering design as well as ability to formulate business strategy
- People-first leadership style, strong executive communications, ability to thrive in a diverse global environment with high emotional intelligence
If this sounds like you, we'd like to have coffee with you! Let's immerse on a journey that shapes the future of coffee, transforming one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the architecture.
- Understands disruptive forces and the business's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation to effectively guide technology investment decisions.
- Contextualizes technology trends based on social, economic and other nontechnology trends.
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Define high-level technology plans & roadmaps to address the gaps between the current and future state.
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring architecture compliance.
- Oversee or consult on technology implementation and modification activities (for example, projects), particularly for new or shared solutions.
- Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation and selection of hardware/software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Identify the organizational, technology and financial impact of the architecture options.
- Document necessary architecture design and analysis work, possibly including solution documentation and metric collection.
- Define metrics to measure and demonstrate architecture solution value.
- Manage and continuously improve the design and implementation of Architecture processes and artifacts.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and the varying Tech strategies for project-driven or product-driven delivery teams.
Education and Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis, or equivalent experience required; MBA from top tier business schools desired
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on design and implementation of tech solutions
- Minimum of 5 years as an Enterprise Architect
- Should have exposure to scale in leading complex systems, technologies in a large enterprise
- Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture theory & practice
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong written, verbal communication skills along with strong “story telling” and presentation skills
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to estimate the impact of individual solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Understanding and use of Human Centered Design principles & methodologies
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Extensive experience with ERP, Financial Technologies, Blockchain, Supply Chain, CRM, Integrated Workspace Management systems, Azure/ AWS/ GCP or other cloud technologies
- Experience with developing Retail strategies, including novel store formats and in-store customer experience concepts.
- Fluent in multiple Retail business models, including company-operated, licensee/franchisee, joint venture, etc.
- Experience with the end-to-end lifecycle for Retail Stores, from concept, design, siting, build, remodel, and retirement.
- Experience with Lease Management, relevant best practices, and enabling technologies.
- Experience with Corporate Facilities Management, relevant best practices, and enabling technologies.
- Experience with end-to-end Store Build project lifecycle, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Supplier Management of 3rd party contractors and suppliers involved in store construction and remodeling work.
- Experience with Retail Store Facilities case management and knowledge management capabilities and enabling technologies.
- Experience working cross-domain with teams outside of Store Development, such as Legal, Retail Store Partner (Employee) support applications, facilities contact center operations, and technology teams.
- Experience and certification in TOGAF or other architecture frameworks is a plus!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website