Now Brewing – Machine Operators! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
As a machine operator, you will:
- Inform appropriate manufacturing partners and supervisor of machine performance irregularities to minimize the impact of production downtime. Minimize production scrap, including materials and coffee product.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment. Operate packaging equipment with safety guards and switches in place and follow all safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Monitor and document package quality using analytical tools.
- Operate all product packaging equipment in a roasting plant. Ensure that package appearance, labeling, seals, and case and pallet configurations comply with product specifications and quality standards.
- Participate in process improvement activities. Maintain scheduled throughput to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards. Train other machine operators and partners as needed.
We're proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelor's degree
- Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
- Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
- Health savings, vacation savings & health and wellness programs
- Paid vacation (prorated vacation allowance on day one), sick leave and personal days
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Operating manual and automated packaging equipment (2 years)
- Performing quality tests using analytical tools (1 year)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (1 year)
- High School diploma/GED or 4 or more years of US military service
- 1 or more year(s) of experience in a role operating automated manufacturing equipment or currently working in a Starbucks plant
- 1 or more year(s) of experience in a role performing all of the following: making mechanical repairs, performing preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment and performing quality tests using analytical tools
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow verbal direction
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Internet environments
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to gather, record and report on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website