Job Summary and Mission
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that creates a feeling of connection. We develop and support partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As the manager communications for Law and Corporate Affairs you are contributing to Starbucks success by developing and managing internal and external communications, campaigns and messaging in support of the business objectives of the Law and Corporate Affairs (L&CA) function. You will play a vital role in building the L&CA brand and extending its reach beyond the function. We will look to you to collaborate and influence cross-functionally and among different legal practice groups and corporate functions to formulate communications and objectives to drive partner (employee) engagement internal to the department and ethical, legal, and safe behavior and practices external to the function.
As manager communications L&CA you will:
- Develop communications plans for L&CA, manage execution, and measure results.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports to the General Counsel and the full leadership team promote a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Support the implementation of L&CA, Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy, Global Security and Resilience programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Plan and manage communications processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Support L&CA leadership with internal and external speaking engagements and manage external speaking calendar for entire department; prepare partners with proper company messaging.
- Work with cross functional business partners to offer and create engaging and educational forums to better understand the enterprise and how L&CA's work ladders up to its success, strengthen departmental synergy and celebrate Starbucks culture.
- Develop and document communications strategies with other communications professionals and teams, business partners and cross-functional departments to meet business objectives.
- Engage in the development of partners directly and indirectly.
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Corporate communications, preferably at a multi-unit retailer or an agency (5 years)
- Management or supervision (5 years)
- Project management (2 years)
Basic Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree or 4 or more years of US military experience
- 2 or more years of experience in a role drafting and issuing external or internal corporate communications
- 2 or more years of experience in a role managing a team of 2 or more employees
- 1 or more year(s) of experience in a role developing and managing digital, social media, or technology communications platforms
- 2 or more years of experience in a project management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Demonstrated ability to apply general business knowledge and experience in a complex, fast-paced global environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead execution of effective communication programs and plans both internal and external across the enterprise
- Strong presentation, oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in corporate communications, preferably at a multi-unit retailer or an agency
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, agencies and partners across the organization
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and work with diverse groups of people
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website