Now Baking – pastry chef - Princi Kitchen
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that celebrates coffee, it's rich tradition, and a feeling of connection. Continuing our quest in 2016, we announced a partnership with Princi, a renowned boutique bakery and café founded by Rocco Princi in 1986. Known for its artisan breads created from traditional family recipes, Princi's six locations have become beloved experiences for customers across Milan and London.
Through the shared values for handcrafted experiences, Starbucks will expand standalone Princi specialty stores and begin including fresh baking in Starbucks Roasteries and Reserve stores, with the first opening in New York City in 2018.
Join us on this special journey!
The pastry chef contributes to Starbucks success by performing a variety of baking duties and assists with the preparation of breads, rolls, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, doughnuts, biscuits, and other pastries.
As a pastry chef, using past baking and pastry experience, the candidate will:
- Prepare designated pastry items according to established recipes
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities
- Receive ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- Form pastries into uniform portions with knife or divider, mixes cake batter, sheets pastry dough using appropriate equipment and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven; inspects product for quality during and after baking and adjusts processes as required
- Portion according to specifications all dessert items
- Prepare all confectionery work per recipes
- Clean and maintain work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Attend to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions
- Complete production sheets and other records as required
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Provide training and coaching for staff as needed
Summary of Experience
- Baking and Pastry - 2 years
- Current local health and safety certifications
- Baking and Pastry Degree Preferred
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website