Now Brewing – Process Operator! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
As a process operator, you will:
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Participate in GMP audits and follow up on corrective actions.
- Perform daily sanitation tasks.
- Isolate and lock out equipment. Write safety permits as required.
- Trouble shoot process interruptions and identify root cause.
- Maintain environmental parameters to ensure permit compliance.
- Inform appropriate manufacturing partners and supervisor of machine performance irregularities to minimize the impact of production downtime. Minimize production scrap, including materials and coffee product.
- Monitor and documents soluble coffee quality using analytical tools.
- Pull samples and conduct lab analysis, make process adjustments to meet defined specifications. Collect and review all batch records.
- Utilize and complete Autonomous Maintenance (AM) responsibilities.
- Participate in process improvement activities. Maintain scheduled throughput to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards.
- Prepare SOP's for new processes or operations as needed.
- Train other process operators as needed. Demonstrate and understand safety as a core value and follow the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforce and coach others to do the same.
- Document changes to center-lined parameters and make recommendations to new process parameters through the correct channels.
- Maintain daily production reports. Exchange daily information with others.
- Monitor main load out area and operate mobile equipment as needed.
- Generate work requests using maintenance planning program.
- Conduct pre-shift equipment/plant inspections and complete required paperwork accurately.
- Demonstrate and understand safety as a core value and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforce and coach others to do the same.
- Understand and follow established safety guidelines, consistently comply with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out).
- Support food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Maintain product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures. Monitor and document quality measures using analytical tools.
- Perform other duties as needed in support of business objectives and Starbucks Mission & Values.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
We're proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
- Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelor's degree
- Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
- Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
- Health savings, vacation savings & health and wellness programs
- Paid vacation (prorated vacation allowance on day one), sick leave and personal days
We'd love to hear from people with the following:
- High School diploma/GED or 4 years of US military service
- Ability to operate manual and automated batch process equipment
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
- Basic math skills
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a flexible work environment with consistent changes in daily responsibilities.
- Ability to follow verbal direction and communication status of plant process to leadership & other partners
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to interpret raw data and make real-time process decisions
- Technical aptitude to troubleshoot process upsets, adjustments and problem solving
- Ability to gather, record and report on operational cost, safety and quality metrics through manual or automated systems
- Ability to perform quality tests using analytical tools
- Ability to work with a diverse team environment
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to work variable shifts to support business needs
- Manufacturing (1-3 years)
- Experience in regulated food/beverage or chemical manufacturing environment (e.g. continuous wet process) (Preferred)
- Experience with wastewater systems (Preferred)
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (FDA Code of Federal Regulations) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with the GFSI certification schemes (i.e. BRC and/or or SQF). (Preferred)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website