Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring product quality information is provided to all necessary parties, samples are maintained, and raw materials have complete traceability to the finished product. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates and documents quality of finished goods and raw materials. Reports quality conditions as needed.
- Evaluates condition of the manufacturing facility and warehouse space to ensure compliance to regulatory and HACCP requirements. Audits programs in support of quality objectives.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment. Follows safety regulations. Participates in process improvement activities. Meets performance schedules.
- Maintains product quality through adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Assessment and Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines, product specifications and quality procedures by monitoring and documenting compliance to quality parameters.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in the maintenance and development of plant quality programs in support of HACCP. Provides training and education of quality-based programs to manufacturing partners.
- Responsible for the management and/or implementation of food safety, legality and quality programs.
Summary of Experience
- Operation of manual and automated analytical equipment (1 year)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment with familiarity of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards (1 year)
- Scientific method and report writing (1 year)
- Gathering, recording and reporting on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read, write and understand polices, guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Mechanical/Technical Aptitude to troubleshoot minor equipment failures and make minor adjustments
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Basic skills in Microsoft Windows and internet applications
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (21 CFR 117) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with BRC or SQF certification schemes.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website