Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by operating the automated Advanced Coffee Roasting System (ACRS) for green, roasted or ground coffee, modifying the roasting schedule as needed to support immediate and future packaging requirements. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assesses training needs of ACRS technicians and provides feedback to the supervisor. Coaches and mentors ACRS technicians to ensure their development and understanding of new technology.
- Audits and documents silo and system status and other quality benchmarks. Performs troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and sanitation procedures. Compiles data and identifies trends to support maintenance and engineering partners in continuous improvement efforts. Conducts internal recall investigations for product not meeting specifications.
- Ensures compliance with Starbucks roast profiles. Participates in weekly tastings (cuppings) with green coffee department to develop and maintain coffee expertise.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Operates the green, roasted or ground coffee platform of the Advanced Coffee Roasting System (ACRS). Assesses current and future schedule requirements against actual loading, roasting and packaging status, and modifies the roasting schedule as needed to support immediate and future packaging requirements. Maintains optimum packaging machine uptime, while avoiding coffee aging and de-gassing issues. Maintains records.
- Supports cost reduction goals by identifying and acting upon potential roadblocks and process improvements to reduce downtime, scrap, and product not meeting specifications. Reblends coffee in accordance with established guidelines.
Summary of Experience
- Operation of manual and automated processing equipment using personal computer-based control systems (3 years)
- Gathering, recording and reporting on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems (2 years)
- Operation of at least three of four ACRS platforms (roasting, grinding, green coffee delivery or roasted coffee delivery) (2 years)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (2 years)
- Performing quality tests using analytical tools (1 year)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow verbal direction
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Internet environments
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor machine failures and make minor adjustments
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website