Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by designing, developing, and sustaining automated & functional test processes, practices, methods, tools and controls in support of application and system requirement, development and test activities throughout the software development and sustainment lifecycles. Supervises other quality engineers in test to develop automation & performance scripts. Recommends quality improvements to automation requirements, development, and execution, and facilitates the development and implementation of test automation & performance engineering frameworks. Provides oversight and guidance to analysts, developers and testers in the creation and implementation of test automation processes, methods and tools. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Experience with O9 Replenishment Planning capabilities & Oracle Supply Chain Planning modules & functionality will be preferred. To be successful in this journey, the SDET needs to have rich functional experience and technical acumen in Retail Inventory Management, Ordering & Accounting Operations and excellent collaboration skills.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Keeps abreast of technological developments and products specifically related to software quality assurance and automation best practices including processes, methods and tools.
- Advances and improves automation framework design features and implements automated test suites and test cases within that framework.
- Creates and maintains manual and automated regression test suite for assigned applications and supports regression test execution for planned releases.
- Develops, maintains, and executes automated test scripts.
- Recommends quality improvements to automation requirements, design, build, and execution, and then assists in the development and implementation of enhancements.
- Participates in tool analysis, creates proof of concept models, and makes recommendations to support the tools selection process.
- Establishes the criteria and participates in evaluation on whether features and functions will be automated.
- Provides oversight to quality assurance analysts and engineers, developers, and testers on test automation and performance test activities, and then accurately monitors and communicates test execution results.
- Consolidates, analyses, and debugs automated test scripts.
- Creates and manufactures test data needed for execution or database population.
- Follows coding and design standards and provides suggestions on improvements.
- Participates in the continual maintenance of code base and refactoring.
Summary of Experience
- 5 years experience designing and developing test automation scripts with demonstrated programming languages and script development skills
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, or a related field or degree equivalent; and/or work experience in Software Development Quality Assurance (5 yrs)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to implement algorithms and design patterns
- Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style and exceptional business savvy
- Experience in O9 Replenishment Planning capabilities & Oracle Supply Chain Planning modules.
- Ability to handle numerous concurrent activities under time constraints and effectively prioritize and execute assignments in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated collaboration on diverse teams including project managers, business and systems analysts, technicians and developers related to quality assurance roles and responsibilities
- Ability to improve individual job skills through training, self-research and self-study
- Knowledge of application software development life cycle concepts, lean and agile best practices, environment and configuration management, test management methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of testing best practices and approaches for custom developed and consumer off-the-shelf packaged applications
- Ability to design and develop test automation scripts with demonstrated language and script development skills with strong coding knowledge, and experience in object oriented development programming
- Experience developing or working with commercial or open source automation tools and frameworks
- Demonstrate knowledge using version control and defect tracking methods, including an understanding of associated tools
- Experience with quality assurance testing related to release management
- Basic understanding of Cloud computing services including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- General understanding of application and system architecture concepts including service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of mobile digital technologies related to testing
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure technologies including operating systems, networks, servers, and databases
- Basic understanding of project management functions and related tools
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website