Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success of the Roastery & Reserve Store by providing an exceptional experience to all customers as ambassadors of coffee leadership and stewards of quality. Through a commitment to operational excellence, they work together as a team to create the Roastery & Reserve Experience for their customers and one another. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Coffee Expert & Brand Ambassador:
Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks
Provide unique coffee forward experience for every customer
Serve as coffee expert providing exceptional knowledge of food and beverage menu items as well as information regarding preparation methods (roasting process, flavor, etc.)
Demonstrate impeccable composure and ability to thrive in ambiguous situations. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events.
Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines and standards
Contributes to positive team environment
Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues
Delivers exceptional customer service to all customers
Responsible for total service, including table service
Support Roastery and Reserve events model and events execution
Maintain knowledge of 100+ unique Roastery & Reserve products
Engage customers and leverage selling skills
Operate in environment with rapid innovation with minimal turnaround time from innovation to product and service delivery to the customer
Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security.
Maintain a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, reach, crawl, push/pull, climb stairs, and stand without limitation and for long periods of time
- Ability to carry 35lb on a consistent basis
- Experience in the service or entertainment industry (i.e. restaurant, bar, theater, or hospitality)
- Reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Available to work flexible hours, which could include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- 1-2 years of specialty retail sales experience
- Ability to carry and balance a tray
- High attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to read customer cues and curate an immersive experience based on customer needs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships quickly
- Ability to work in multiple positions within different store departments (Zones), performing many different tasks within the departments during each shift
- Ability to memorize complex menus, ingredients, beverage & food builds
- Facilitation and presentation skills Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Ability to work as part of a large and matrixed team
- Additional languages beneficial
Job Group: Retail Store Support
Job Family: Operations
Job Subfamily: Retail Store Partners
Job Location: United States
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website