From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Core Infrastructure Engineering team's focus is building massively scalable full stack infrastructure for Starbucks owned, licensed and franchise stores. This role will concentrate on growing our retail monitoring product by identifying new features, products, and business opportunities and enable partner businesses to realize the full potential of those opportunities.
You are a creative problem solver and strategic engineer who collaborates with clients to understand their challenges and architect solutions. This role will allow you to execute on solving real-world retail challenges through Starbuck's platforms and community. In this role, you will communicate with application teams of all types to help them adopt products and solutions that the team builds. You will explore and experiment with our products, partner tools, and third-party solutions to build and deploy monitoring capabilities.
Prior experience with infrastructure automation using GitOps, continuous integration and deployment, configuration management and Kubernetes are critical . Familiarity with cloud native design patterns, edge computing solutions are desirable.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and deliver compelling narrative using data analytics, dashboarding, alerting and report generation to drive awareness and adoption of Retail Monitoring Product.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Partners with cross functional and business teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, and key development teams, to drive designs and solutions to ensure compliant, secure, and supportable solutions.
- Deepens vendor relationships to understand and influence vendor product offerings and roadmaps, improves support engagement, and gains insight into technology trends.
Production Support for application and platform components
- Initiates and leads root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement solutions to operational issues.
- Assists with the creation and reporting of operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on items such as platform performance and service incidents.
- Collaboratively and effectively identifies systemic problems that need holistic solutions and provides feedback into platform roadmap exercises.
- Creates and maintains documentation supporting training, system administration, deployment, and operational processes.
Technical Design and Implementation
- Develops software solutions to business problems by leveraging established design patterns and coding standards.
- Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, accessible, and self-healing.
- Participates in the solution design process: requirements gathering and backlog refinement, shapes, and guides systems approach, helps with project initiation, contributes to functional design and development. Provides transparency in approach and progress.
- 4-8 years of professional industry experience.
- Experience producing technical assets or writing technical documentation.
- Experience in containerization and management tools like Kubernetes. (AKS, EKS, GKE, Openstack).
- Comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting business groups during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs.
- Working understanding of application architecture, infrastructure, security concepts, and technical implementation.
- Capability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues both during development and in production operation.
- 1-2 years of experience in Go and/or Python development.
- Ability to successfully work remotely while balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Aptitude and eagerness to investigate and learn new technologies and trends as they become relevant for business and our platforms.
- Ability to write and value high quality, reusable software with minimal defects.
- Ability to work directly with users to understand, diagnose, and propose solutions to their problems.
- Experience in designing and developing relevant enhancements on top of industry COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) applications that differentiate and provide competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of business context and trends, as well as the business customers' opportunities. Awareness of the functional aspects of the solution.
- Capable of developing and deploying cloud-native software and infrastructure (Azure OR AWS OR Openstack ) in an automated fashion.
- Exhibits leadership qualities with an emphasis on coaching, mentoring, and collaborating with fellow engineers.
- Shows strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Effectively uses facts and data to build support for solutions across teams and stakeholders.
- Capable of working either independently on tasks or as a collaborative unit as best fits the problem at hand.
- Ability to negotiate priorities, approach, design and ideas with team members and customers.
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website