From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We are building an enduring company, with mission and values grounded in the human experience.”
– Kevin Johnson, Starbucks Coffee Company
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will assist in achieving the company's success by providing financial leadership to our Compensation and Benefits team. This includes all planning, forecasting, and supporting key strategic projects – all while building effective relationships and influence decision making across the team. This is a high-profile role, working with senior leaders to identify opportunities, impacting Total Rewards for all retail partners across Canada.
- Work closely with Senior Managers and Directors to evaluate strategic initiatives for compensation and benefits. Own financial modeling to help shape final recommendations and decisions. Projects can include wage & benefits investments, process improvements and reporting, among others.
- Support the development and execution of key Compensation & Benefits strategies by defining success, tracking KPIs and uncovering trends/insights that improve performance. Present findings and recommendations to VPs and other leaders as an analytical thought partner.
- Own key Labour P&L line items. Lead the performance management process for these expenses, including monthly tracking/reporting, quarterly forecasting and annual planning.
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects by providing financial leadership as the Compensation & Benefits subject matter expert (SME).
- Assist in the Strategic Planning process, providing analytical support for long-term strategies.
- Continue to build and maintain relationships with U.S. counter-parts, leveraging best practices to enhance our Canadian business.
- Leverage in-store visits to drive transparency, identify opportunities, and improve field partnerships.
- Bachelor's Degree (business, finance or accounting specialization preferred).
- CPA and/or MBA is an asset.
- 3-5 years of financial analytical and planning experience.
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience uncovering key insights and leveraging them to influence decision making.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills (Tableau experience an asset).
- Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
- Builds Business Partnerships: Listens and communicates well with finance and cross functional partners at various levels of the organization. Balances competing priorities and adapts quickly to change, making timely yet thoughtful decisions throughout.
- Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty.
- Develops Continuously: Continuously seeks opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust and honesty and commits to developing partners to achieve their potential.
- Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal, provincial, and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website