Job Purpose and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by selecting and recommending the Finance, Accounting, Tax, Reporting, and HCM (Human Capital Management) Technology products and services used in EMEA, based on company standards. By managing the delivery of key activities of various product owners it will ensure the EMEA businesses improve their overall profitability, streamline operations, and provide enhanced customer service. The role is focused on all markets within EMEA.
Working closely with the product managers and product owners of technology in EMEA and in Global, as well as key vendors and partners, this role focuses on developing strategic and tactical plans meeting the demands of the business with enterprise finance, reporting, and HCM technology. Provides leadership, management, direction and support to the organisation to align on and support the strategic business vision. This is done by ensuring effective usage of EMEA resources to maximize market, regional, and global objectives. Coordinates with multiple technology projects impacting the region in accordance with established standards and best practices and plays a key role in acting as a liaison between the EMEA region and Global Starbucks Technology on strategies and initiatives.
The role will be expected to represent the EMEA technology team and in key interactions with market, licensee, regional, and global business and technology leadership.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Create strategic multi-year finance and HCM technology product roadmaps, forecasts product Total Cost of Ownership, gains agreement from key stakeholders both business and functional
- Project management of enhancements, maintenance projects, or process improvements
- Vendor management and second level vendor escalation for finance and HCM technology systems and services
- Maintains and executes a structured approach to problem-solving for team
- Recommends technology investments to meet business objectives and goals
- Ensures the most effective use of tools, processes, and procedures to maintain the production environment
- Contributes to finance, accounting, tax, data reporting, and HCM standards in the Global Licensing Framework
- Recommends corrective actions, new or enhanced tools, processes and procedures in support of continuous improvement in meeting service level objectives
- Working with Global technology teams to ensure EMEA requirements are well understood for both businesses as usual and project work.
- Working with technology operations team to review supplier SLAs and provide feedback on performance improvements.
- Provide product guidance to teams on relevant technology applications, systems, products, and services
- Provide input into EMEA technology budgets for relevant technology software and hardware.
Key Contacts – Internal
- EMEA technology operations team
- EMEA programme and portfolio management
- EMEA technology partners and leadership
- EMEA business leadership team
- EMEA Finance, Accounting, Tax, & HR leadership and partners
- Global technology leadership and partners
- EMEA market leadership teams
Key Contacts – External
- External vendors
- External consultants
- JV and Licensee leadership and partners
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant finance, accounting, tax, reporting, and HCM technology experience
- Understanding of budgeting and planning
- Customer relationship management
- Business relationship management
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Consistently uses communications skills to influence outcomes
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed organisation
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to plan for and review functional technical specifications
- Strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of technology Operations and ITSM / ITIL processes
Apply on company website